- Problems of regional economies and society;
- Society in an urban or rural context;
- Regional perspectives on the influence of human activities on landscapes and environments;
- The relationships between localities and macro-economic structures in rapidly changing socio-political and environmental conditions;
- Environmental impacts of technical processes on bio-physical landscapes;
- Physical-geographic processes in landscape evolution, including the evaluation of hazards, such as floods.
- Theoretical questions in geography are also addressed, especially the relations between physical and human geography in their regional dimensions.
Mike Pasqualetti, senior sustainability scientist, has been appointed to a two-year term on the International Advisory Board of the Moravian Geographical Reports Journal, published by the Institute of Geonics, the Czech Academy of Sciences. The international, peer-reviewed journal is open-access and has a growing global reputation and presence, especially in Europe. According to Pasqualetti, the emphasis of the journal is on the role of 'regions' and 'localities' in a globalized society, given the geographic scale at which they are evaluated. The journal addresses multiple interrelated questions, including: