Dynamics of Water in Urban Ecosystems
In our first Water/Climate Briefing for 2012-2013, DCDC sets the stage with a broad-based discussion of future topics related to this year’s theme: The dynamic role of water within urban ecosystems in relation to the management of cities and regions of Arizona. Our panelists will explore:
- Effluent and Environmental Systems
- Impact of Climate Change on Riparian Systems
- Stormwater: Green Infrastructure Systems
- Quantifying Water Use for Ecosystem Services
- Water Use Within Public Features
- The Impact of Environmental Stresses on Water Quality
We hope to provide opportunities for researchers, water resource managers, and the public to gain insight to the challenges of water within our urban places and ecosystems.
Dan Childers, Moderator and Professor, ASU School of Sustainability
Juliet Stromberg, Associate Professor, ASU School of Life Sciences
Aimée Conroy, Deputy Water Services Director, City of Phoenix
Sarah Porter, Executive Director, Audubon Arizona
Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 12:00–1:30 p.m.
Lunch will be served. Please RSVP to: [email protected]
Decision Center for a Desert City, 21 East 6th Street, Suite 126B, Tempe [Map]